Мы на других ресурсах:
Вконтакте
Facebook
instagram
Telegram
Сайт

Автор Тема: The Best from the Diaries  (Прочитано 20996 раз)

Taya

• Новичок
  • сказали спасибо: 2
    • Просмотр профиля
The Best from the Diaries
« : 08 Май 2014, 00:05:08 »
We started to select and translate the most impressive passages from the diaries from our gymnastics forum  -  so that English-speaking girls could also learn about the effect that Zvezda exercises have on a woman’s body.

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: The Best from the Diaries
« Ответ #1 : 08 Май 2014, 00:06:28 »
This website dedicated to Gymnastics appeared relatively recently, about a year ago. There is also a forum. It is a space where women are writing about their work on themselves and their lives, where they pull themselves out of complex circumstances and then carry on writing. You would not find random people there – the forum is for those who do Gymnastics. The initial set up defines the forum’s spirit and the common mindset. There are few discussion threads or to be precise there are a lot of them but they are not dynamic.

There is a section called “Diaries”. It is my personal joy and pride. There is an amazing amount of life stories, changes and discoveries. Every woman is writing about her own, then others comment on it or just read. Diaries are live. When you are reading those diaries you live through them with their authors and truly feel when and what exactly gets transformed.

Surely there are those who don’t stick to the forum for long but those who have been writing for some time can outdo the most popular novelists. By the way novelists could pick up a lot of story lines there. Though if you don’t like shoddy fiction and are after the original do come to the forum – you won’t regret it.

The last but not the least thing to say is that our forum is very therapeutic. Letting a large audience see the whole, very intimate truth of one’s life is healing. Others read the story, think about it, get aggressive or sympathetic, express their emotions and all of those things all together are called “group energy”. That is how the author of a diary after writing another story gets the group energy which heals. At the same time the auditory of the forum is good minded, sympathetic and on the same wavelength. I would also describe it as “safe” though safety is very subjective.

Extract from “Gymnastics Forum – Space for Self Therapy” by Maria Guseva
http://charaunitsa.livejournal.com/667192.html

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : 08 Май 2014, 00:07:37 »
An extraction from Elenka’s diary

Recently I started to have a better connection with my body. I adjusted my basic stances and now I stay in them for approximately 5 minutes each time relaxing my body as much as possible. I feel that my buttocks and lower back muscles are taut. On the right hand side sciatic nerve is cramped and I can feel the whole length of it. Nowadays the word “painful” has a new meaning to me. Some time ago I wouldn’t have paid attention to the disturbing feeling and certainly wouldn’t have called it “pain”. I used to think that pain was a feeling when I could not bend or unbend, when it stabbed so badly that I jumped up because of it. Now when the body is healing I want to feel it getting healthier. My back is improving through doing Gymnastics.

I was lucky enough to visit a skillful chiropractor. He helped me a lot. When he was working with me I was surprised to feel my suppressed emotions hidden in my lower back coming out. After the first visit when I was standing at the reception desk waiting to pay I was asked how I felt and all I wanted was them to take the money because I was just about to burst into tears. The last thing I wanted was queries about what had happened.

I used to be very sarcastic and had an answer for everything. Since I started doing Gymnastics I do not respond straight away and struggle to find the right words. Now if somebody hurts me I just say that I am hurt and I can start crying in my husband’s presence. Before I could not cry in front of other people, the initial reaction was to go to my shell, hide or run away. I was embarrassed to show my weakness and was ashamed to cry in public. The following day after I did not let myself cry after a visit to the chiropractor I fell ill with a sore throat and blocked nose.

Speaking about the chiropractor, I was impressed by the way he was moving about. I had never met such a solid person before. The first time I saw him was when I brought my son to him. When he, a tall man with a belly, entered the room I thought “Well, blimp, let’s see how you squat” (all doctors squat in front of their kids patients). He threw a glance at me and gracefully squatted in front of my son. That moment turned my world upside down. I have always thought that plump people (I thought he was plump) were inactive and clumsy. The doctor was solid, I don’t know another word to describe him. He moved with perfect coordination. I, on the contrary, occasionally felt as if I borrowed my body from someone else, as if was not mine. My arms and legs felt as if they were not connected. It felt that all my life was in my head. Today I noticed that I have not stumbled for a long time though some time ago I would stumble or trip over a lot.

I started meeting interesting people. Since I started doing Gymnastics I visited a girl who ebbs wax. After that a few unsolved long term issues got resolved. I met the wonderful chiropractor who healed not only my back but also self esteem. He kept calling me “girl”. I was trying to explain to him that I was a mature woman but he just laughed back at me saying that I was still a girl. A few phrases of his made me revaluate and comprehend a lot of things. He said: “I can see that you are with a good touch with yourself”. That perplexed me. I have always thought that I am wooden. I was afraid of feelings. It was painful to feel, to fall in love, to trust people. I used to feel my body only when it was in pain and took it for granted.

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #3 : 08 Май 2014, 00:10:24 »
A new diary. Tatiana’s writing:

I realised that I should write a diary or at least try to.

Gymnastics came to my life at the time when my soul was longing for changes. I came across Maria’s page in LiveJournal and started exercising. I started on the 7th of February. I did not really believe in changes at the time because some time before I had tried yoga and it did not become a part of my life. The only thing that I can remember is that I permanently felt cold then. I did not find any form of fitness that I could stick to.

Gymnastics surprised me. It was and still is physically difficult to do exercises but in spite of it I have never felt lazy to do the exercises. On the contrary my body wanted to do them. I never had draw backs, resistance or anything of the kind.

Here are some of the things that happened to me since I discovered Gymnastics:

- During the first two weeks I had a mix of emotions. One emotion came after another and I could not control them.
- This emotional state was followed by a period of emptiness where I did not have any emotions at all. Whatever happened I did not have any reaction.
- Then my emotions returned but they were positive. To be more precise I do not believe any more that there can be any hopeless situations. I feel that everything is going to be fine, just the way I need it to be against all odds. Negative scenarios – products of my imagination do not get energy supply of my emotions and at some point disappear. It got difficult to think about other people’s behavior in different situations because I started concentrating on myself. Briefly I could describe it as “Watch what you are doing and everything is going to be good. Other people will get what they deserve”. This is my current approach to life and I like it. I like not to be scared.
- My body is definitely happy. My back is straightening though there is still much work to do especially on my shoulders. Some time ago I had some eruption on my face but now it is gone. I also stopped using make up foundation because I don’t feel comfortable.  I like the look of my skin without any make up. I had a time of meteosensitivity aggravation.  When the weather changed I used to have nagging pain in my calves, sometimes they were cramped. I had a few sleepless nights because of it but now it is over.  My periods did not used to be painful and I never used painkillers anyway but now I do not have any symptoms at all. I have neither a sore back nor tummy and I don’t feel weak during a period.
- It got easier to communicate with people and nice things started to happen in my life. When I really want to go somewhere or do something things come naturally without any efforts from my side. I like it.

That is what things are like at the moment. I feel that great things are waiting for me.

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #4 : 09 Май 2014, 23:41:17 »
NataliaB is writing:

Today Demyan the osteopath said that I had light scoliosis, just a tiny touch and my major problem was in other parts of my body.

Later on I went to see my neighbor who is a massage therapist. I did that not because I did not believe Demyan, I just struggled to believe in such a wonder. My neighbor said that I had a slight problem in thoracic spine but only a professional could notice it.

I am shocked! 2-3 degree of anterior curvature and 30 years of slouching disappeared! I did not leave any photos showing how bad my back used to be. It is a shame as I could have posted photos before and after for comparison. After three and a half years of gymnastics professionals say that there is no scoliosis as such. I can feel now that I can straighten my back when for years I could not do that at all. I have not taken it in yet and writing in euphoria.

While I was looking for the X ray I came across another interesting thing. Look at the pictures. On the left hand side photo it is my foot half a year before Gymnastics. You can see my overgrown toe joints.
On the right hand side there is the same foot after three and a half years of doing Gymnastics. The toe joints have significantly reduced.

I frequently hear comments like “The toe joints can only be reduced by a surgeon!”. I agree and add that Zvezda exercises are also effective.

Before I started doing Gymnastics I could not wear high heels for a long time. I would limp for a week after wearing high heels for one evening. It changed now. I recently wore high heels every day during a week and all I felt was only tiredness.

« Последнее редактирование: 27 Июнь 2014, 00:11:40 от Taya »

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #5 : 10 Май 2014, 23:56:52 »
Maruchella's writing:

My relationship with Gymnastics is like in that anecdote:
-   What can you say about yourself?
-   Been through different things.

I can say the same about me and gymnastics – been through different things. The only thing that I have not done is have a break longer than two days.

During the first year I was doing all 27 exercises every day. The advice that the optimal number is 7-9 exercises a time went over my head and even after Maria’s class in Gymnastics I carried on the way I thought was right for me. Only after a year of doing the whole complex I started to feel that something was wrong.

In the beginning I was very fit. I used to go to 2-3 power trainings in a row and surely Gymnastics did not have the same effect. Even 27 exercises did not feel sufficient. At some point I hit a wall and felt I could not carry on. At the same time Gymnastics proved effective and I did not want to do fewer exercises as I did not want the effect to disappear. I convinced myself to do an individual complex each time and if things got worse then I would get back to doing 27 exercises.

So a year down the line I pulled my first complex out of the pack and that was when the proper Gymnastics started. I was doing the exercises slowly, my movements were smooth and I could feel all the nuances when my body was relaxed. I had felt the energy before but then the feeling was more intense and pure. Now I am not sure what is my starting point of doing Gymnastics. I can divide my life into two periods – BEFORE and AFTER I started doing Gymnastics however the AFTER time also splits into the time when I was doing all 27 exercises and the time when I started pulling out an individual complex.

These days every new complex of exercises is like a new beginning for me and things are permanently moving, changing and reshaping.

I must say that things don’t look good all the time. I went through different things. There was a time when I had pimples all over my body and there seemed to be no remedy for it. Around six months after I started exercising I had the worst and the longest drawback. I fell ill and it seemed that the whole of my body was sore. I had enflamed gums, body temperature went up and down on top of weakness and permanent ache covering all of me. It lasted for ten days. There was also a time when my sweat had a pungent odour. I wash myself regularly however at that time it did not take me long to sweat and I was smelly because of that. I had to bin a few things as they smelt of my sweat even after washing them with conditioners. There were periods of gluttony, flaky nails and falling hair. I was well prepared for it due to multiple stories about drawbacks and I knew that it would be the case and was happy to contemplate. After the time of pimples my skin improved, after my illness the whole body renewed, after the unpleasant body odour I stopped sweating as much and the smell disappeared. Nowadays I struggle to tell if the top has been worn or just out of the laundry.

Now I have smarting eyes (and I believe it is connected with some insights and willingness/unwillingness to see the truth) and it is very uncomfortable. I am confident though that it is a temporary thing and it is high time to work with this aspect as Gymnastics will give the resource for working on the problem and it will disappear in some time.

Since I started doing Gymnastics my large breasts have grown even bigger. My lips enlarged naturally and it is the consequence of relaxing my tummy and vagina. My top lip got fuller. I noticed that if I strain my lower tummy the lower part of my face gets taut.

I have put on some weight but I don’t worry much about it. My body got a different shape and I become different, more relaxed and calm. I am permanently getting more and more relaxed. It is funny that men started giving up their seats for me in public transport though I am not pregnant. 

It is a body orientated feedback though Gymnastics helped me to sort a few things in my head as well but I will write about it the next time.

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #6 : 12 Май 2014, 22:48:08 »
Musya (Anna) is writing.

When I saw a diary section on the Forum I thought that I would start writing as well after I have done Gymnastics for around half a year. However things started to change rapidly and after a fortnight’s hesitation (I am a reserved person) I started a diary too.

How I started doing Gymnastics.

For all my life I have tried to start exercising as women around were permanently either trying to get a beach body or get into a dress and it was catchy. I failed miserably as I hate vigorous exercises. Gymnastics let me realise it even better. I like smooth movements and I tend to stay in basic positions concentrating on my feelings and thoughts. It is totally different from a fitness club where I am focused on doing exercises simultaneously with the instructor and trying not to hit people around.

I tried doing different exercises like bodyflex and many other similar ones at home and in the gym. I bought a year’s membership to come to the gym around ten times all together and each time was quite an effort. So after two years of doing nothing I became absolutely tight. My shoulders were stiff, my back was absolutely non flexible and I had to start thinking about buying a gym membership again. I loathed those thoughts. I think someone out there heard my thoughts full of despair because one day I visited my friend’s page, opened a list of groups she was registered in and found a group dedicated to Zvezda exercises. I was reading about the exercises during a week and by the weekend I printed cards with exercises and pulled out an individual complex.
I started with repeating each exercise 3 times but in about 2 weeks realized that it was too much and turned it down to doing each exercise only once. Now I have been doing Gymnastics for two months and here are brief results.

- In a couple of days I stretched my neck and something cracked at the base of the scull and it felt like squeezed blood vessels got released. A flow of energy streamed into my head.

- Sometimes I start when falling asleep – it is my muscles relaxing. In a week after I started doing Gymnastics my inner muscles started relaxing too and it felt like shots inside my chest, in the lungs and around my pelvis joint.

- I thought I might develop some aggression and was nervous about it as my temper is far away from being good anyway. Nothing extraordinary happened though. I was anticipating aggression so intensely that missed the moment when it manifested itself at work two weeks later. It was not bad emotions (I was rather calm) but intolerance. I started reacting badly to one of my colleague’s habits, I just did not want to put up with it and kept doing things the way I thought was right. Then I had an insight that it was my own habit and I did things exactly the same way. It was my mirror reflection and my nose was rubbed into it. I understood what it was for and why but I could not accept it. I did not have any major problems at home except a couple of my replies to mum instead of keeping my mouth shut as I would have done before. My replies though were said in a calm and assertive voice without any shouting. It happened because I just could not keep it in. It felt like I cut some channel off.

- My hands are very sore. I can’t put them back in the basic stance of stand- up exercises. After the first exercise it feels a bit better. During the second month I got kneeling and elbows exercises 9 as a part of a new complex and realized how inflexible my shoulder joints are. It is very sore to stretch. I keep doing it though as I feel very good after the exercise.

- At the second month of doing Gymnastics my period started. I have had problems with it since youth. The previous period was in May 2013. So we shall see what is going to happen.

- I don’t feel energetic, I just feel hot when doing Gymnastics and my heart beats faster. Actually I feel a decline of strength. I do Gymnastics before going to bed and then switch off completely. I think that I possibly need it as I exhausted my body with work, late nights and early mornings. Now my body does not let me stay up till late and takes me to bed.

At the moment I am reading diaries and getting to know people. It is very nice to see that there are neither judgements nor moralising and even I started to write. Normally I am restrained about writing as on one of St. Petersburg forum you come to ask how to tune a piano and in a hundred of pages leave reading comments “shame upon a lousy gardener!”

li_ri_ka

• Модератор
  • Старожил
  • сказали спасибо: 52
  • Я - Маша, ко мне на ты )))
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #7 : 24 Май 2014, 21:28:58 »
Shelkovaya is writing in her diary:

Speaking about the Gymnastics:
I heard about it a long time ago. But I just looked, read, observed and passed by. A year ago I heard about it again from one of my acquaintances. I began to study it in greater detail and just started doing it!

I didn’t feel anything specific - no energy, burning or anything else. I just felt my wooden non-bending body (by the way, I had always considered myself quite flexible), and these exercises, that looked so easy and simple, turned to be so difficult for me! In short, I just decided to do the Gymnastics and that’s all. And for the whole year I did it in the following way: two months of the Gymnastics, then a break of 1-1,5 month. So, here are the conclusions that I can draw for this period:

1.   For the first 5 months after exercises in the elbows and knees position my vagina always started speaking. It is really so! And it was loud! I mean, either before that it was permanently strained and after deliberate relaxation it released air, or something different happened )))
2.   Stresses and strains in the back are worked through from top to bottom. At first I had a pain in the neck, especially, after the elbows and knees position, then the pain in the neck disappeared, but there came a strain at the level of the shoulder blades closer to the central axis, and now it is lower! The posture is also changing, though, there are no miracles. No wonder! I’ve been stooping for so many years!
3.   In the first month of doing the Gymnastics I got rid of the pain in the shoulder joint that hurt from time to time, especially, when my children were small and I carried them a lot. However… this pain came back during the Gymnastics, and even became stronger, but then disappeared. By now it hasn’t already hurt for about half a year! The best is yet to come!
4.   Enormous aggression towards men got out of me and turned into an ulcer. My nearest get a lot: my husband and sometimes my father and father-in-law.
5.   In the background of this constant aggression and unsatisfaction, in 8 months of the Gymnastics (and some sessions of authentic movement) I got dermatitis all over my body with round the clock itching. My inner abscess opened, I felt at peace with myself and even got some relief!
6.   The used-up energy release. I clearly got the notion of used-up energy release in 10 months of starting the Gymnastics. I closed my eyes and clearly saw that some thick and viscous liquid like lava moved from top to bottom and out of me. Every day it became thinner and thinner and went faster out of me!

So, these are the things that I can recall now!

li_ri_ka

• Модератор
  • Старожил
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #8 : 24 Май 2014, 22:34:25 »
A small but important post about smoking. Marya@ is writing in her Wind of Change Diary:

I quitted smoking thanks to Zvezda Gymnastics in the 4-5th month from starting it. I do 7 exercises by 3 repetitions every day.  In the first 2 months I still felt like smoking. Now I don’t smoke at all. And I don’t care if someone is smoking beside me. My smoking period lasted for 12 years and I had lots of attempts to quit that failed. As of today I’ve been doing the Gymnastics for 1,5 year.

li_ri_ka

• Модератор
  • Старожил
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #9 : 25 Май 2014, 22:42:28 »
Natalya Konoshevich’s feedback on Zvezda Gymnastics:

The Gymnastics came into my life in the period when again I clearly understood that it was time to change something in my life, when it became obvious that I cannot be good for everybody and I don’t have any energy to be my true self. And there also rose the question – who I am, actually? without any connection to my children, husband, boss, students etc. The first day, or the night to be more exact, when I was kind of “tasting” the Gymnastics, suddenly my husband woke up, though it wasn’t typical for him before. He roamed around for some time and looked puzzled by my behavior.

The next day one of my exes called whom I had neither seen nor communicated for years. He said that he was in town for some business and suggested having a lunch together. At that moment, for the first time I suspected that the Gymnastics really worked.
After that I was doing the exercises in my garden. It was hot, clouded and it looked like it was going to rain. And such weather had already been for several days: heat and rain. Then suddenly a neighbour came out and started watering his potatoes.
Today I’ve already done my 7 exercises twice and agitation started.
I have an obvious problem in the shoulders. Especially in the left one, that hurts when I’m stretching in the elbows and knees position, and besides I cannot join the elbows.

However, I feel that, without any doubt, this practice helps me to discover my backbone the existence of which I’ve doubted a lot.

li_ri_ka

• Модератор
  • Старожил
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #10 : 28 Май 2014, 08:04:46 »
Vi-Vi’s post from Zvezda Gymnastics Forum:

ABOUT THE BELLY, FEMALE BEAUTY, STRESSES AND RELAXATION
My body build used to be a skinny teenager with a stooping back that I tried to straighten making a lot of efforts. However, it didn’t last long. I got tired of controlling my back all the time and it started hurting. Also, I had an ideally flat belly. It was permanently sucked in and I could feel my muscles. I mean, by poking it with fingers you could always feel how hard my tummy was. However, I didn’t have a six pack, because I didn’t do any fitness. But that was another reason to be proud of my belly – without any physical exercises, it was hard and beautiful. And I sincerely believed that it was my bonus. However, very often I critically studied myself in the mirror: I straightened my back and my body kind of looked beautiful, a model’s body, and without any sports violence, but something was missing…

What is female beauty? Maybe, it means to be slim, to wear any clothes you want… That was what I thought that time. What else could it be? However, I didn’t have any inner confidence, awareness of my beauty. There are so many slim women around and young girls who are even slimmer, with more beautiful body build, with flatter bellies and longer legs. Well, my legs are also long, but my hips could be narrower, the boobs could be bigger… In short, I was in constant inner war with my true self - the one who is here and now. I wasn’t sincere in my attitude towards myself. How is it possible – just accept myself? No way! Then, who will make me ideal? (Now I understand that this idea was forced from outside, but at that time I truly believed it…). Who will control the minuses and hide them behind the pluses? “Relaxing” was a synonym of “not caring about myself”. You know, how scornfully they often say: “She relaxed. She stays at home, does nothing and has gone to seed”. However, “keeping oneself fit” sounds like something positive because a woman makes efforts, polishes herself, gets rid of something with a diet, increases something with physical exercises…in short, she makes herself. Making the diamond perfect. But how many stresses there are behind this polishing and perfection!

But I was lazy. Now I see that it was for a reason )). I started going to the gym for this stupid perfection but quitted very quickly. It was hard and uncomfortable and there were many other reasons. Only 2-3 pilates classes, aerobics instead of PE classes at the University (it was convenient: we had to pay for aerobics. So, I could pay and skip it and automatically passed the subject without doing any running or pull-ups). One class of yoga… I loved yoga. From a distance ))) I collected good articles about yoga exercises, even bought a couple of books about yoga practice for women, borrowed some yoga magazines. Classical love at a distance))) I didn’t make up my mind to practice yoga at home and didn’t manage to go to some classes. I worked in the office for 4 years and it was classic: sedentary work and none of fitness. Then I had a baby. Being pregnant I was obsessed with the idea of not gaining weight. Thanks God, my diet was more or less good. My son was born in good weight and on time and my weight immediately returned to my pre-delivery value. Wow! Good girl! I did it! But then I started having some pains in the back. I found an osteopath. He said that he wouldn’t touch this scoliosis. He relieved my osteochondrosis pains and I prepared to visit him once in half a year. Usually in such intervals I got pains in the back.

Zvezda Gymnastics came to me when my son was 2 years old. At first, I was struck by the thought that I really wanted to do it! It wasn’t my tender love for yoga (to put in the frame and look at a distance), it wasn’t aversion for sports that I couldn’t control even by efforts (you can’t say “I don’t want to go”, this is a “must”; “if you paid – go to the gym”). This was something unexplainable - I really WANTED to do it. And after that I started my long way to Zvezda Gymnastics… I’ve been doing it for a year and 4 months already. And this is the way that I don’t want to leave.

So, let’s go back to my belly. It is relaxed now and I see that it’s nice. It’s not a jelly (as I thought earlier it should be if I relax it). It is a beautiful, resilient and round belly. Some muscles hold it. And these are not the six pack, lateral or other muscles that we are used to. These are some invisible but very strong muscles. Deep ones. The essence of female power. You can’t see it but it is there, you can feel it. And at the same time, this power is relaxed. It flows without any suppressing. It lets itself be. It is so simple and so difficult at the same time. Just relax, just be. Without any standards, ideals. I used to think that these are just beautiful trite words. I said them, I thought them but there was no essence. I didn’t feel the essence. I didn’t release my strains, didn’t let my TRUE SELF open. And even now I don’t always manage to do it. But even the fact that I approached it is a miracle to me. I wonder: “How is it possible? How 10-15 minutes a day could help me find my true self? Helped me to listen to myself and let me tell myself so much about me. How is it possible?”

Beauty is in relaxation, beauty is in health, beauty is in your true nature. Zvezda Gymnastics helps to feel within yourself these commonplace truths.

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #11 : 28 Май 2014, 21:52:51 »
Ira is writing in her diary: “I am a cup and I choose what to fill myself with!”

I noticed that my sense of time had changed. I thought that I had not written in my diary for a week and it turned out to be only four days. Time could fly or drag but my thoughts of it always had negative context. It was either “Oops, a couple of months have passed and I never got round to doing things” or “When will this damn winter be over – it lasts for ages.” I don’t feel time anymore and it might be not so good but it is something new for sure. Recently my mum had visitors and they went out for the whole day. They got back in the evening and asked if I had been missing them. It struck me that I had not managed to realize that they were not about. That day I did five home tasks for my Russian school, wrote a letter and received a two pages long reply from an American school, cooked dinner and then it was the end of the day. I thought then that the most important thing was the state of mind. To casual observers a person staying home alone all day may seem lonely or bored. The reality is totally opposite.

Speaking about state of mind. I learnt about associative card from Irina’s diary and since then I have been doing card reading from time to time. I would often get a card with a picture of a cup. It took me a long time to understand what it meant as I did not have any associations other than with alcohol.  Some time later I realized that I was the cup and only I could choose what to be filled with. I think this thought is worth a million.  Up to some point in the past my inner state entirely depended on my parents and people around and then came the time when I got the right and opportunity to determine it myself. Now I can’t overestimate the importance of taking responsibility for own physical state and the state of mind. Recently I had to wait for a friend of mine outdoors for an hour and I did not have a mobile with me. As I have a reclusive life first 20 minutes it was interesting to look at passers - by. The more I watched people the more I could sense their grief and see negligence of women. I remember looking at my new sports shoes with a bit of dirt on their front and thinking that I needed to wash them as soon as possible because I did not want to look like all those women around me. I did not want to make an impression that I was so miserable that I did not care about what I looked like. 

I think it was Paolo Coelho who said that devil was in little things. I am not sure what he meant by it but I have my own interpretation how it applies to my life. Little things make the whole life. I was puzzled at my emotional uplift mysterious and unusual for me. It feels like my character has changed and even a friend of mine said that she does not remember when I was depressed or complained about anything. Now I know that everything is very simple - I started to get rid of nasty little things which I used to have a lot. My entire life consisted of those seemingly meaningless things and naturally these days I feel a lot better after I got rid of a significant amount of them. Our state of mind determines everything.

I can’t help saying yet another time that writing a diary is a brilliant idea. I am very happy that I simply started it and had a certain goal – tracking both good and “bad” (or being optimistic I call them “resourceful”) things. I can see so many good things that thinking about writing one more interim results of doing gymnastics in May or June.  I can see changes every day and I think that I can see them because I had a goal to observe.

This is what things are. At times I have little drawbacks but I feel lazy to describe them this time.

li_ri_ka

• Модератор
  • Старожил
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #12 : 10 Июнь 2014, 22:15:44 »
Alexandra’s feedback on Zvezda Gymnastics:
I want to say about the changes that I’ve already got.
-   I can’t sit with the legs crossed. And that has been my favourite pose for many years and I didn’t care about all the arguments that it is bad;

-   I realized how my jeans press the belly, especially, when I’m sitting. That’s awful! And I didn’t even notice it before. I will certainly buy new things giving priority to the comfort of my body.

-   I’ve got a curvature in the thoracic spine and that’s a pure pleasure to stretch and lengthen it out, especially, in the elbows and knees exercises when you have to touch the floor with the breasts. I get rid of constant tensions, imbalances, discomfort that even make my mood low: when I’m sitting and the back is in discomfort you think that everything is bad and sad (scoliosis is incurable, bla-bla-bla… it will be even worse). Now I’ve got a real tool to take care of my health and gradually to correct it in order to feel good in my everyday life.

-    In the low part of the belly I’ve got a little hearth of warmth. It is pleasant and it is warm. It is an amazing thing for me and so unusual!

-   While doing the Gymnastics warmth and life reaches other parts of the body. Today, during the exercises I felt the heat in the basis of the skull. The area between the breasts is also being worked out: for a week I felt some strain there and yesterday it became warm. I’ve started a way from a stressed robotic zombie to an alive warm person )))

-   I walk in a different way. I mind my belly, relax it consciously, then the perineum is relaxed and after that the hips start swaying. I walk slowlier because if I move very quickly I don’t manage to relax. But I have a lot to do here.
I want to thank Maria Guseva for promotion of Zvezda Gymnastics and for writing about her way of life. Many things get into their places in my head. And thanks to all the girls who write their diaries and to the instructors who support the pages in social networks because constant reading of other feedbacks helped me to remember about the Gymnastics and to finally start doing it.

li_ri_ka

• Модератор
  • Старожил
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #13 : 16 Июнь 2014, 00:35:04 »
A feedback from Zvezda Gymnastics Forum:

I’ve got a lot since the time when the Gymnastics appeared in my life.
Some time ago when I was looking through my things that I don’t use at all and that lie as a dead weight for giving them away to somebody someday, I realized the interesting thing: if you don’t share the accumulated, at least, something that lies at the very edge, there will be no movement ahead. It anchors you. The same goes for anything – things, knowledge, experience and your impressions in general about the seen and understood within yourself. So, after sorting out the things I sat down to write about what had been waiting to be written for a long time.

The fact that Zvezda Gymnastics leads to flexibility, femininity, smoothness and helps to get rid of rush in movements is definite. Recently I met a friend whom I hadn’t seen for a long time. She sighed and expressed her surprise for some time asking me what had happened and where the former tomboy disappeared. )) She supposed that I had a rich lover and got prettier under his influence. Ha-ha! ))) That was an interesting point of view that women get prettier only because of rich lovers ))). I told her about the Gymnastics. About my changes. My friend expressed some doubt saying that it wasn’t possible, that she didn’t believe in fairy-tales and magic wands. Ok. I wouldn’t make her change her mind and prove something. It is not my competence any more. Here I am, my personal experience and my life, some certain results. And all these things about “believe it or not” are something personal. I think if my friend really needs it, this way or another, she will come to the Gymnastics. Anyway, I’ve planted a seed about existence of this practice in her. So, we parted.

And here are my changes:

I’ll start with the women’s health.
In 2005 I had an erosion. I had been married for 2 years and I was fed up with the sexual life with my husband. In fact, if you love your husband and if you listen to each other, you can’t get tired of your intimacy. That’s what I understand now, but at that time the moments of abstention when between unstable periods I was treating my erosion with a course of suppositories, cautery and others, it felt like a pleasant rest from my husband. Now I’m very surprised at myself of that time. I realize how much I didn’t love myself, my body and the man I was even officially married to, so that instead of honest conversations (about what we don’t like in our life together), I fenced myself off from him with my erosion. I even arranged a surgery: some excess centimeters were removed from my neck of womb. And that also limited the sexual life with my husband for half a year.

Today, in almost two and a half years after starting Zvezda Gymnastics I have neither that husband nor erosion. Recently I visited a gynecologist. I did tests for different viruses, fungi and other foreigners. The candida I knew of wasn’t found. The neck of womb is pink and neat (with a little surgery scar, of course)))) The doctor asked me why I came if nothing disturbed me. And I came out of curiosity )) How could this happen? Before I had unstable periods that could start any time and now the cycle is accurate, they start the same day for about a year and last for no more than 3 days. And I also wanted to know what had happened to me in March when my sister was giving birth to her daughter. I had the second day of my period and some lumps came out of me. It was like a post-delivery scraping. My doctor did it to me mechanically when after giving birth to twins the womb was so stretched that it was shrinking back very slowly. Yet, the doctor gave me no definite answer. She told me that I should have come to her in March not later. And in accordance with the tests I was healthy in her area. Later, reading feedbacks on Zvezda Gymnastics I understood that this often happens. But I was surprised that my inner cleaning coincided with my sister’s delivery. As if I was also helping her.

Another important change for me: my left tube (that was turned in the other side since I had a strong inflammation at the age of 13) came back to the normal position. The doctor who did pelvic ultrasound didn’t find any abnormalities. But long time ago the gynecologist told me “Don’t be afraid. They get pregnant even with one good ovary!”. Yes, they do. And I got pregnant very quickly and had twins (God’s providence, of course). But to have the word “healthy” in my medical record and to hear “everything is Ok” during the ultrasound investigation is worth a lot! ))) So, you can’t but believe in the magic of Zvezda Gymnastics, plus work of a good chiropractor.

Speaking about much talked-about sexuality and great orgasms I will humbly say that I do have this effect )) Thanks to the Gymnastics I stopped being ashamed of my body, I allowed myself to BE. The way I am. I set myself free without controlling any movements, sounds. I set myself free and let be everything I feel during intimacy. I repeat once again I didn’t get this understanding at once. The understanding that you can live every moment through your body and soul and that you CAN enjoy intimacy with the man you love without any hurry, rush just following your own rhythm that appears spontaneously; the understanding that intimacy can be SO great that you want more and more )

Speaking about other changes in my health: since the age of 10 I had chronic maxillary sinusitis. Now I don’t visit an ENT doctor or go through any tests. There has been no need for that, nothing serious ))) Here I have to note about changes in my diet. In my opinion, the diet and ear, nose and throat are directly related. Mucus appears for a reason, only when the body cannot cope with the problem itself and starts getting rid of the waste. This is very common for those who like meat and dairy products. I haven’t eaten meat for a long time. Since the age of 17 I haven’t eaten any sausages or beef. That was the time when I read books by Bragg, Shelton, Gogulan and others. However, I made myself eat chicken when was pressed by doctors, during pregnancy when they told me that due to low level of ferrum I couldn’t do without meat. I decided that chicken is the only thing I could stuff in myself. By the way, it is during the pregnancy when I had the last acute fit of maxillary sinusitis. I could hardly breathe every other time. At that, my love for chicken imposed from outside disappeared. I continued eating dairy products. And from time to time I had some light rhinitis.

After Zvezda Gymnastics appeared in my life it looks like there was another rearrangement in my body. Everything got very acute: smell, touch, hearing. Milk, especially whole (even from a store) and hot, started smelling a cow (apologies to all the fans of this product which is even sacred to Hindus). Now I take it very seldom (in dull and cloudy days when I feel like taking a coffee I put some milk to soften it). The diet itself and quantity of food has also changed. During a day I can have some salad, bake some homemade flat cakes (I can’t eat any bread from shops). I can have some fruit or even seeds. I’ve got addicted to flax seeds. I hardly cook, only for children. In short, I stopped bothering about my diet. There is the saying: “it’s good if you’ve had some food, if not, that’s not bad either, it’s hunger cure”))). And my body has acquired another smell, it is tasty to me )) I’ve got a hint of sweaty odour when I take some coffee with milk.

My skin care has also become simpler. Deodorants and other chemicals were dismissed even before the pregnancy. And it is Zvezda Gymnastics that ousted face and body cream. The skin peeled, scaled, and through skin rashes everything that I restrained and accumulated within myself before the Gymnastics went out. By intuition I understood that I shouldn’t treat it any way, I shouldn’t apply any cream. I just have to overcome it. Now my skin is tender, smooth and even. Once a day before going to sleep I slightly moisten it with olive oil. In winter I used flax oil (it made my skin darker as suntan). That’s all. The only thing is that in spring time pigment spots appear. It looks like cleaning goes on. And now I know that this will also end. So, I’m waiting. The hair and nails got stronger and grow faster. And the upper-lip hair that became slightly visible disappeared without any efforts. I think that this way my endocrine system thanked me for making Zvezda Gymnastics part of my life.

Currently I’m satisfied with the physical changes. Other changes in my destiny, life and in every day are worth a separate post.

Taya

• Новичок
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #14 : 18 Июнь 2014, 05:51:28 »

Extraction from Undina’s diary about her belly.

This year it was the first time in my life when I kept a fast. I must say that it was my own genuine necessity. Actually I have always seen fasting as unnecessary limitations and believed that people did not have anything else to do. I thought that a fast was something like a diet for brainwashed people, like a trend and I have always been against vogue and gregariousness.

Here is the background to my story. Last year I had a very hard autumn. It did not manifest in any particular events but deep down there were issues to resolve. There were different reasons to it. I realized that I could not carry on living the old lifestyle and was not sure what the new one should be like. I was not fulfilled and was torn apart in search of a solution. I had to face a weird situation with children. On top of everything I was not present in the current moment. I kept thinking that if I travelled to a dream destination life would improve or if some long waited event happened I would feel brilliant. It was a pretty standard situation. So I had many different issues leading to being out of sink with my own body, having a very taut belly and consequently uncontrollable overeating and obesity. It was a vicious circle and I could not get out of it for 4 or 5 months. My overall state was crap. I could not see a way out of it.  A needed professional help but I could find it in Prague and at the time I did not have an opportunity to travel somewhere else.
I asked myself honestly what I could do in my situation. It was a task to solve. The initial set up described above. It was obvious that I could keep staying in my swamp and pile up fat and get extra tensions (I have always had a correlation between them) or try and find a solution myself. It had to be done then and there. I had to stop thinking about what I had had before or what was out of reach and stop dreaming about my new life after I had been to a professional.

I thought about means I had to improve my life with and it turned out that I had quite a lot of them. I had been doing Gymnastics for two years, had a good feel for myself and some knowledge about belly massage. I would not be able to massage other people’s bellies as I do not know what I can do and what I cannot but when it comes to massaging my own one it is a lot clearer what to do. At that point the idea of fasting occurred to me. I was not driven by the idea of getting a beach body and I certainly was not trying to keep up with trends. It was my genuine necessity and one of the ways to break out of the vicious circle. Up to the last minute I had doubts and fears. I was scared that I would not cope and there wouldn’t be a way back. I was not in control of my life and it brought up my childishness.  Everything turned out to be a lot simpler. All I needed to do was to remember that I could decide myself what to do. I could choose my own way to fast. I had read before that that fast is different for different people. For one keeping fast would mean to eat only dried bread and drink water and for another person a way to fast would be to stop drinking vodka.  It applied to me too though in my case it was not vodka but sweets. I started it thinking that it was me who set the rules. If I am too uncomfortable with the whole thing I will change the rules.  When I feel that there is no need to carry on and I have achieved the goal I will stop fasting. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. There is no need to write about the fasting. I did not eat sweets for about five weeks. I realized that I did not need the amount of meat I eat by habit. All I needed was eating it once in a few days. It was quite a discovery as I had been confident that I needed meat. I did not starve while fasting. The only change in my culinary activity was that I had to cook more and invent new salads. I felt light.

It was only one aspect of my fight with excessive eating and attempt to get out of my squirrel cage.
On top of other issues I had a very taut tummy. In the stomach area it was rock hard and around the belly button it was also painful. The rest was far away from the ideal. Below I describe my own experience and I was absolutely sure that I was doing everything correctly but I would not recommend to repeat it.
I introduced self massage. I usually did it after doing Gymnastics. I must confess it was hard and at times unbearably hard. It is a lot easier to let someone else cause pain during a treatment. In my case I had to hurt myself. Sometimes I was very exhausted to carry on but I was absolutely sure that in that situation I needed it and it was possibly the only solution.  To find a way out I just had to do things I had never done before. At first I was lying on my back and massaged my tummy, applied pressure on sore areas and hold on till the pain eased off and the tummy relaxed. Very soon I understood however that it was not effective because my arms and shoulders got tired immediately and I could not provide necessary pressure.  In two words it was not quite the right thing. I remembered that once an osteopath said that we could work with tummies ourselves. One just needs to take a tennis ball, put it on the floor, lie on it tummy down. Then they needed to find a sore area and lie still until the pain goes away. That was exactly what I needed but it was extremely painful. When I could not take it any longer I would lie on a sofa. I was working my belly that way till I could. It was sore but I could feel that gradually pain was easing off and I was getting better. After I did all “stones” in my belly that way I continued massaging with my hands.

On top of intuitive massage and massage on a ball I started watching videos and reading about the theme. All together those things gave results.

Some time down the line this story got an interesting continuation. My friend turned out to have gone to see a chiropractor a year ago. He specialized on backs and tummies. She told me about her visit but I did not pay any attention. This time I made an appointment. It was funny that the chiropractor said that there was nothing wrong with me. Well to compare me with his usual patients who come to see him when they are very poorly I am very well. He also gave recommendations and confirmed my thought about my pancreas (I made a diagnosis by reading books) and its connections with my dry elbows. I also found out the reason of sharp pain between my neck and left collarbone that occurred around ten years ago. It was caused by my pancreas too. This issues runs in the family and I need to pay attention to it too.

After that I went to a workshop on belly self massage taken by the chiropractor. I learnt there what organs compose abdomen and what scheme of massage suits different situations better. I also liked the integral approach to a human body and flexibility of methods. For self massage as it turned out I can use a plastic bottle. The ingenious is always simple. It does not take any extra effort. All you need to do is to put it on the problem spot and then it is a work of gravity.

In conclusion I can say that gymnastics with a strong accent on relaxation, tummy self massage, change of eating habits and psychological work let me significantly improve the situation. I keep going.